Military aviation books
All the World's Airships, Fred T. Jane. "1909"
- Hard Cover. Mylar dust jacket. Like new. 374 pages.
- 1986 re-issue of the 1909 first-ever edition of Jane's aircraft.
- This is a collector's item that was produced in 1986 in limited quantities. It is difficult to find for sale. For instance, there is one for sale currently at this on-line bookstore. That one is priced at US$85 for a former library copy with wear and damage, while mine is in mint condition.
- Covers the state of aviation in 1909, recording and describing every airplane and dirigible both existing and planned in the world at that time. Includes many vintage photographs and technical drawings. A collector's item and reference tool. The work gives a unique view of the stage reached by air travel, for peace or war, at the end of its first decade.
- $99 (Canadian $) No tax.
Sea Wings: A Pictorial History of Canada's Waterborne Defence Aircraft
- By J.A. Foster. Methuen. 1986.
- Hard Cover. Dust jacket. Like new. 143 pages.
- A great book for Canadian aviation or naval buffs or lovers of military history.
- $12 (Canadian $) No tax.
B-17 Flying Fortress
- By H.P. Willmott. Bison Books. 1988.
- Hard Cover. Dust jacket. Very good condition, except for former price sticker mark on dj cover. 64 pages.
- Tons of great photos of the B-17 in action, with information about its design, specifications, history and operations.
- $8 (Canadian $) No tax.
Star Trek books
Star Trek Memories
- By William Shatner. HarperCollins. 1993.
- Hard Cover. Dust jacket. Like new condition.
- Shatner's candid, captivating reminiscence, packed with stellar anecdotes and backstage lore. Shatner reveals details of day-to-day work--and some of the fights with nervous studio executives who were not quite ready for the future.
- We learn that every episode was filmed in the "ridiculously inadequate timespan" of six days, with one week for preproduction, creating excessive pressure on many actors and members of the film crew. Aided by recollections of other cast members, Shatner's memoir covers everything from turf wars to special effects in an appealing, humorous tone. Includes stills, photos and drawings of sets.
- $7 (Canadian $) No tax.
Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual
- Pocket Books. 1991.
- Soft cover. 192 pages.
- Excellent condition, except for small glue residue from price sticker.
- Filled with blueprints, sketches and line drawings, the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual explains the principles behind everything from the transporter to the holodeck--and takes an incredible look at the brand-new Enterprise. It provides a comprehensive schematization of a Galaxy-class starship. From the bridge to the shuttlebays, from the transporter room to crews' quarters, this book provides a never-before-seen glimpse at the inner, intricate workings of the most incredible starship ever conceived.
- $9 (Canadian $) No tax.
I am in downtown Toronto. If you cannot visit in person, shipping can be arranged. I give discounts if you purchase multiple items.